- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Field Artillery, in its present form was introduced around 2200, it consists of artillery pieces that are towed into battle by mechanized conventional infantry. As their primary purpose is to provide indirect fire support, and lacking the armored protection of self-propelled artillery, they are rarely used directly on the front lines.
Arrow IV, Long Tom, Sniper, Thumper and Artillery Cannons may be taken as field artillery and follow all the same rules. Only wheeled or tracked-based mechanized infantry may be equipped with field artillery. Each piece requires a number of crew equal to its weight in tonnage to operate or the equipment is considered destroyed.
- Tactical Operations, p. 311