Finmark Air and Space Academy
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Finmark Air and Space Academy|
|Founding Year||Star League era|
The Finmark Air and Space Academy - or FASA - was founded during the twenty-seventh century to provide training to the naval officer corps of the Rim Worlds Republic. Whilst the pre-eminent military academy within the Republic was undoubtedly the Apollo Military Academy on Apollo, FASA was considered the most notable of the lesser academies within the Republic.
Constructed in high orbit above the planet Finmark, the administractive capital of the Finmark Province of the Republic, FASA graduated hundreds of new officers a year. FASA underwent a substantial expansion shortly before the Star League Defense Force was ordered to withdraw the Twentieth Army from the Republic in 2755; that upgrade to the academy was sufficient to allow FASA to accommodate over a dozen WarShips at a time, and reports a decade later suggested that FASA was graduating almost three hundred recruits a year and expected to increase the graduation class size further still.
Military courses offered by FASA were known to include a comprehensive WarShip programme.
- The Finmark Air and Space Academy was presumably destroyed or disbanded during the invasion of the Rim Worlds Republic during the Amaris Civil War, the Lyran Commonwealth-Rim Worlds Republic War or the Succession Wars.
- The Finmark Air and Space Academy is probably a homage to the Freedonian Aeronautics and Space Administration, the joking allusion to the Marx Brothers film "Duck Soup" that provided the acronym for the original owners of the BattleTech franchise, FASA.
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 8, "Academies and Command Centers"