- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
The FireStallion was an aerodyne DropShip in service to the Oberon Confederation (it is repeatedly referred to as "pirate DropShip") as of 3049 under captain Karen Yorta. Context and its depiction in the MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries game including its dimensions relative to the BattleMechs heavily suggest it is meant to be a Leopard-class vessel.
When Clan Wolf forces overran Sigurd in November of 3049, the FireStallion was the last Oberon Confederation vessel to leave the planet. On or around 6 December 3049 captain Karen Yorta returned to the surface from high orbit despite the ship being badly damaged, to pick up some stragglers who had broken out of a prison camp.
The FireStallion escaped on an Oberon Confederation JumpShip that carried it to the Free Rasalhague Republic, where the JumpShip was boarded and the crew arrested and then executed for piracy. (The Oberon Confederation had reportedly murdered the inhabitants of Last Hope on New Caledonia more than a year ago, earning the ire of the Free Rasalhague Republic]].) The DropShip FireStallion was not mentioned in the news, and its fate is uncertain.
- DropShip captain's name given as Karen Yorta in the news section following mission #21: Freedom Flight, where she chastises the player that there is no time to check the news channel.
- MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries - The prison breakout (Sigurd Campaign, Mission #31: Freedom Flight and #32: Exodus) takes place on day 26 as a Clan prisoner according to the player's log; in the previous mission that saw the player captured (Sigurd Campaign, Mission #30: Warning Shot), planetfall was made on 10 November.
- MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries (Sigurd Campaign, debriefing for Mission #31: Freedom Flight and briefing for Mission #32: Exodus)