Fire Wheel Battlegroup (Clan Goliath Scorpion)
- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3061)|
|Parent Formation||Beta Galaxy|
The Clan Snow Raven Brim Naval Assault Star arrived at Roche in March 3069 under the command of Star Admiral Anta McKenna, who immediately declared a Trial of Possession for all of the Goliath Scorpion WarShips currently on station and their crews. The initial batchalls were bargained down until the bidding resulted in a single WarShip plus AeroSpace Fighters from each side fighting the Trial. The Snow Ravens fought using the Aegis-class heavy cruiser CSR Black Justice, squaring off against the Lola III-class destroyer CGS Sagitta and her accompanying fighters under the overall command of Star Admiral Rebecca Suvorov. The loss of this Trial resulted in the loss of four warships including the Garlon.
In June 3073, the Auriga was one of five vessels amalgamated hastily into a new star - the Alpha Naval Reserve Star - and deployed to the Foster system in an attempt to reassert the Goliath Scorpion presence in the system following the disastrous loss of Gamma Galaxy and Loremaster Kyrie Ben-Shimon in the system a few months before hand.
The loss of three warships by 3073 marked an end to the Star as a formal force, its ships were split up to other assignments.
- Auriga (Lola III class WarShip)
- Corona Austrina (Aegis class WarShip)
- Garlon (Congress class WarShip)
- Hephaestus (Cameron class WarShip)
- Wars of Reaving, p. 42, "Raven Justice"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 124, "Scorpion Gambit"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 127-129, "Scorpion Gambit"