1st Argyle Lancers
|1st Argyle Lancers BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Nickname||The Fast and Furious|
The 1st Argyle Lancers is one of several SLDF units to join the AFFS after the departure of General Aleksandr Kerensky. The unit is well equipped, but is dependent on assistance due to lack of interstellar transportation.
Fourth Succession War
After the Fourth Succession War, Hanse Davion asked for volunteers to travel to the Lyran Commonwealth to participate in wargames and exercises. The First Argyle Lancers volunteered for this duty and served several tours in the Commonwealth.
War of 3039
In January of 3039, the Argyle Lancers were moved to their jump-off point on Phalan in preparation for the initial attacks on the Draconis Combine in the War of 3039. On April 17, during Wave One, the Argyle Lancers assaulted the Combine world of Alnasi alongside the 26th Lyran Guards. They faced a garrison force largely composed of infantry forces along with armor and, the only real threat, a single company of 'Mechs. On April 25, the Lancers and the Guards encircled the planetary capital and forced a surrender, although they were not able to fully secure the planet until mid-May. The Argyle Lancers had suffered only light losses. The Lancers were pulled off Alnasi and deployed back to Phalan in preparation for Wave Two. The unit remained there until the end of the war.
The Argyle Lancers were stationed in the Federated Suns when the Clans arrived. Though they were willing to return to the Commonwealth to face Clan Jade Falcon their JumpShips were taken by the AFFC High Command to expedite the movement of other troops. They took up station in the Commonwealth after the Truce of Tukayyid.
FedCom Civil War
During the FedCom Civil War the 3rd Donegal Guards destroyed most of the First Argyle on their homeworld, but not before the Argyle Lancers inflicted serious losses on the 3rd Donegal. Several companies were able to escape and evade the Donegal Guards, hiding in the wilderness. The 3rd Donegal Guards left Chisholm thinking the Argyle Lancers were totally destroyed. During the Jade Falcon Incursion the surviving Argyle Lancer companies were destroyed. After they emerged from hiding, they were no match for the Falcon's Lambda Solahma Cluster. Only five Lancer 'Mechs survived the encounter. They were later reassigned to other units to make up combat losses.
The unit combined their fast mechs and hovercraft which were supported by the fighters to great effect in highly mobile campaigns.
1st Argyle Lancers(Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Matt Preston
1st Argyle Lancers (Veteran/Reliable)
1st Argyle Lancers (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Vincent Bannock
- CO: Colonel Walter Scully
- A understrength Regiment due to supply problems
1st Argyle Auxiliary (Regiment/Veteran/Unreliable)
- CO: Major Solomon Rogas
- The Auxiliary includes a overworked hovercraft Battalion
- CO: Light Commodore Theodore Pallotine
- 1st nominally four Squadrons, understrength due to supply problems
The unit uses black with red and white for ceremonial duties.
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 146, "Argyle Lancers Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 46, "1st Argyle Lancers Unit Profile"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 11
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 135 "Deployment Table
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 28 "Alnasi (April-May)"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 135 "Alnasi (July-August)"
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 68
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 125
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 115
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 138 (pdf version), "Broken Wheel Combat Region"
- Objective Raids, p. 23, "Lyran Commonwealth State Command"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 135