1st Caph Protectorate Militia Division
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Is MechWarrior 5 About To Go Epic Exclusive?
- Read more →
|First Caph Protectorate Militia Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
After the beginning of the Jihad, the Blake Protectorate in 3068 was solidly under the control of the Word of Blake. This led to the formation of the Protectorate Militia, with each world protected by at least one division's worth of combined-arms troops. The formation of the Caph Protectorate Militia division was touted as a new source of jobs, where planet had been previously suffering from high unemployment. The Word of Blake's 1st Division was used to train the planet's First Caph Protectorate Militia Division.
In October 3068 a Clan warrior named Drago stalked and killed almost all of two Level IIs of Blakist forces near the mining settlement of Dallas, fifty kilometers from Aswan. Fighting over the course of several days, Drago and his matte-black Nova Cat-class OmniMech tracked and killed one Level II before engaging the second when it came to investigate a day later. Under the overall command of Demi-Precentor Alice Haywood, the surviving Level II withdrew after losing a 'Mech to Drago, studying salvaged information to try and learn Drago's identity before attempting to ambush him a day later. While the ambush didn't work as planned, Haywood was able to fight and kill Drago - but not before most, or possibly all, of the other personnel in her Level II were destroyed.
Caph did experience a brief insurrection attempt on its sitting government. In 3070, these insurrectionists attempted to storm Caph's parliamentary buildings, but were stopped by local Word of Blake troops, particularly a Magi tank nicknamed, Force of Wisdom. Individuals on Caph had been noted their resentment of their treatment of their world by the rest of the Inner Sphere, siding with Word of Blake was justifiable.
On the 6th of June 3075, the Caph Protectorate Militia was attacked by "mercenaries", allegedly the One-Eyed Jacks. This force allegedly damaged the Caph Protectorate Militia in their raid. However, Intelligence reports and captured Word of Blake communications between Precentors Apollyon and Cameron St. Jamais discussing Apollyon's Shadow Divisions indicated it was one of these that attacked a number of Protectorate Militias, including Caph's.
The unit most probably died or surrendered at the end of the Jihad.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Caph Protectorate Militia Division|
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p., "Timeline of the Jihad" - August 1st, Caph is among worlds which were non-violently taken over by WoB.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 47, "Protectorate Militia Formed" - Word of Blake after start of the Jihad have planetary based militias formed.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 89, "1st Division" - Elements of the division were used to help create and train the Caph Protectorate Militia.
- The Dragon of Caph
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 174, "Magi" -Notable Crews - Magi tank instrumental in stopping insurgents from taking the government.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 73, "Justifications" - Young Adept of Word of Blake Militia gives his feelings on how Caph was treated.
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 17, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 48, "Fissures of Fire" - Intelligence report Caph was one of the worlds attacked by Shadow Divisions masquerading as House Units.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 50, "Communication between Apollyon and St. James indicating raiders posing as One-Eye Jacks were Shadow Division, and they attacked Caph's militia".