1st Centauri Guards
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- Read more →
|First Centauri Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||Companions of Chiron|
|Parent Formation||St. Ives Armored Cavalry|
The First Centauri Guards were stationed on Kumqwat in 2765. They were formed when the Confederation joined the Star League, and most of the independent planetary regiments were disbanded. Those troops from planetary regiments who refused to join the SLDF were consolidated into the Centauri Guards. Few people were satisfied with this arrangement, but while the Confederation was part of the Star League the formation remained. The many regional loyalties found in this regiment made it difficult for the unit to work as a whole.
Second Succession War
In mid-2828 Capellan Confederation Armed Forces units attacked Mendham, with the First Centauri Guards and Sixth St. Ives Lancers surprising both the Fourteenth Syrtis Fusiliers and the other major defending unit, the Twenty-sixth Avalon Hussars. Despite their initial surprise at the attack, which was part of Operation CELT - an offensive aimed at recapturing Chesterton - the two AFFS units fought back hard, making a number of attempts to crush the CCAF landing zone at Munnings. Although the two AFFS regiments couldn't overwhelm the entrenched forces in the landing zone, they did prevent the Guards and Sentinels from breaking out, and all four units were battered by the time the CCAF units withdrew in late June.
First Centauri Guards (Regular/Questionable)
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 14, "St. Ives Armored Cavalry" - Regimental Status
- Second Succession War, p. 24, "The Suns-Confederation Front"