1st Kell Hounds
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Is MechWarrior 5 About To Go Epic Exclusive?
- Read more →
|1st Kell Hounds Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
The First Kell Hounds regiment is the core of the Kell Hounds. Founded by Morgan and Patrick Kell with money left to them by Arthur Luvon, their first contract was with the Lyran Commonwealth.
They served on Mallory's World, recovering First Prince Ian Davion's body after he was killed. In 3026 the Kell Hounds were responsible for rescuing Melissa Steiner and the DropShip Silver Eagle from the Genyosha on what came to be known as the Silver Eagle Incident.
During the liberation of Tharkad in 3072, the First Kell Hounds fought the 37th Division. After the 37th Division decided to withdraw from Tharkad the First Kell Hounds kept the pressure on, fighting the Word of Blake soldiers even as they tried to enter their DropShips. The fighting was so intense that only a third of the Blakist unit was able to leave the world.
In June 3077 the First Kell Hounds Regiment led by Akira Brahe raided Marcus as part of Operation SCOUR and engaged the Marcus Protectorate Militia in several cities. The unit was also able to take and destroy a WoB arsenal hidden under stored grain in three of the buildings of a hidden firebase.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Kell Hounds|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Akira Brahe||3067|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Akira Brahe||3069 - |
|Lieutenant Colonel||Christian Kell||- 3073|
The unit uses highly complex maneuvers to confuse an enemy. They are known to harass an enemy's flanks with smaller units. Each Battalion contains a specially trained company:
- The Dragon Dogs - 3rd Company: The unit is trimmed for urban operation.
- The Wild Dogs - 3rd Company: The unit prefers amphibious operations and can surprise an enemy from unexpected directions.
- The Mutts - 3rd Company: This unit can fight in jungle environments.
The regiment can count on an experienced technical staff, provided by the Arc-Royal MechWorks and the Wolves-in-Exile.
1st Kell Hounds (Regiment/Elite/Fanatical) 
1st Kell Hounds (reinforced Regiment/Elite/Fanatical) 
- CO: Lt. Colonel Akira Brahe 
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Arc-Royal. 
The Wild Hunters (Reinforced Regiment/Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Akira Brahe
- XO/ 1st Battalion
- (The Dragon Dogs) : Major Christian Kell
- 2nd Battalion
- (The Wild Dogs) : Major Sara O'Cathain
- 3rd Battalion
- (The Mutts) : Major Tomas Rochefort
- Note: The unit contains a company of clan mechs and the entire regiment is completely upgraded.
The Bird Dogs (Wing/Elite/Fanatical)
- Wing Commander: Major R.O.B. "Rob" Kirk
- Note: The three squadrons, Raven, Crow, Blackbird, are supported by the command element. All 22 fighters are fully upgraded.
The Pit Bulls (Battalion/Elite/Fanatical)
- Troop Commander: Major Michlan Finn
- Note: The unit contain a mix of infantry forces, with 1 command squad (10 troopers), 1 jump infantry company (50 troopers) and 2 battle armor companies (24 troopers => 2 clan squads + 1 squad of Fenrir)
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 79, "1st Kell Hounds Regiment: The Wild Hunters"
- Jihad Turning Points: Tharkad, p. 10
- Jihad Turning Points: Tharkad, p. 11
- Total Chaos, pp. 169-170 "HOUNDS OF WAR"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 131, "The Rim Worlds Army Loyalties"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 91
- Jihad Turning Points: Tharkad, p. 7
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 37, "Kell Hounds Attacked on New Exford" - Christian Kell killed by WoB head hunter units.
- 20-Year Update, p.
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 109