|Armor||Steel body panels|
|Engine||Generic 30 ICE|
|Targeting Tracking System||None|
The Flatbed Truck described here can carry six tons of cargo in the armored cab, and another ten tons on an unarmored trailer. It's a generic vehicle type found across the Inner Sphere and Clan Homeworlds used by both military forces and civilian companies to haul cargo on a planet's surface.
Weapons and Equipment
Flatbed Trucks are not designed for combat. As such no manufacturer builds them with integrated weapons. Drivers who are operating in dangerous situations (civil war, invaded world, etc.) will often add some small weapon like a Machine Gun or SRM-2 to deter attackers. Other drivers will attempt to increase protection by adding extra armor to the truck, but this often increases the maintenance requirements of the truck due to increased weight.
Nearly every world has a manufacturer that can build a Flatbed Truck variant. In many cases, the cargo capacity is dropped completely in favor of some form of armament.
- This is an Advanced Technology variant of the Flatbed Truck also introduced during the Star League era. This variant drops the vehicle's cargo capacity entirely for offensive firepower, possibly for convoy defense. While retaining the base model's armor capacity, the vehicle is given a pair of rear-mounted Mech Mortar/1s. The Mortars use anti-infantry rounds. BV (2.0) = 64
- MUL online date for the Flatbed Truck
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 14
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 8-9, "Flatbed Truck Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 6
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 15
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 7
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 8, "Flatbed Truck (Mortar)"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 9
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 6
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 7