|Unit Profile (as of 2577)|
Force Majoris was one of several Age of War-era mercenary units hired by the Magistracy Armed Forces as part of a crash military buildup in the years immediately before the Reunification War. The mercenary trade fluctuated heavily in the years around the birth of the Star League, with the peacekeeping efforts of the Terran Hegemony drastically reducing the market for mercenaries, shortly before the mass demobilization of House forces in the wake of the formation of the Star League glutted the market with former House troops. The Magestrix of the Magistracy of Canopus at the time, Crystalla Centrella, knew that war between the Star League and the Magistracy was inevitable; as a part of her efforts to increase the strength of the MAF, Centralla hired half a dozen mercenary units, including Force Majoris.
Force Majoris had perhaps the least distinguished record of the six mercenary units employed by the MAF. When the phoney war became a real war in 2577, Force Majoris were acting as garrison for the Magistracy outback world of Cate's Hold, a gaming and entertainment world that had been built up to act as a supply and repair facility for the Magistracy Navy during the buildup to the war.
Force Majoris were moved forward to the world of Borgan's Rift in 2578, but wouldn't actually see combat until the disastrous raid on Thurrock in 2583. Assigned to the MAF strike force along with the 2nd Canopian Grenadiers and Kincani's Dragoons on a raid against the supply lines on Thurrock which it was hoped would give the MAF back the initiative against the SLDF, Force Majoris instead ended up in a carefully planned SLDF ambush that saw the bulk of the Magistracy Navy destroyed by a much larger SLDF WarShip flotilla and all three regiments of ground troops captured.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 59, "Adam Buquoy"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 41, "Magistracy Armed Forces (MAF)"
- The Periphery, 1st Edition, p. 104, "Cate's Hold"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 105, "Mopping Up (2584-2588)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 94, "Reunification War: Magistracy of Canopus Front Deployments (2577)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 150, "Magistracy of Canopus Front (Jump Off-2583)"
- Historical: Reunification war, p. 103, "Thurrock (July 2583)"