14th Alshain Avengers
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|14th Alshain Avengers BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Parent Formation||Alshain Avengers|
The Fourteenth Alshain Avengers were formed from the remnants of the 3rd Alshain Regulars, 4th Alshain Regulars and 7th Alshain Regulars. Like its sister units, the members of the regiment longed to retake Alshain from Clan Ghost Bear.
During Operation Bulldog in 3059, the 14th Alshain Avengers participated in the defense of the planet McAlister, fighting alongside the 22nd Dieron Regulars, the 1st Ghost Regiment and the Davion Assault Guards. They were fighting against the 2nd Jaguar Regulars, who were part of the counter-invasion the Jaguars launched to stop the Star League Defense Force efforts to destroy the Jaguars completely.
The 14th deployed with two other sister regiments in the Black Dragon Society's Operation Batu on the 18th of October in 3062. The assault, thought to be overwhelming for re-taking the old district capital, proved to be too small. With the Dragon's Last Tear, the Combine's Tatsumaki-class Destroyer being destroyed by the Ghost Bear Battleship Ursa Major, the assault force's transports were without escort and vulnerable to Clan aerospace assets. With many dying in their Drop Pods, only some of these warriors made it to the planet's surface, leaving them outnumbered. They were hunted down and destroyed down to the last warrior after landing on Alshain.
After finding out about the deployment of the Avengers, the Coordinator ordered that the 14th and other Avengers were to be marked as traitors and ordered destroyed if they should survive their invasion.
- As of 3059, the Fourteenth's commanding officer was Tai-sa Steven Watkins.
The Fourteenth was composed of units from three different regiments of the old Alshain Regulars. Each of these regiments added its skills to the new unit, and each battalion had its own role.
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Steven Watkins
- XO/2nd Battalion: Tai-sa Yama Shazli
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Jennifer Kiyaga
- CO: Wing Commander: Sho-sa Tik Wu Ti
- Note: Like the 'Mech unit, the wings contains elements from destroyed/disbanded Alshain units.
14th Alshain Armor (Armored Battalion/Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Armor Commander: Chu-sa Hans Peterson
- Note: The unit is best suited for cavalry missions and reconnaissance through the use of fast light to medium vehicles.
8th Alshain Fast Response (Infantry Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- The Dragon Roars, p.??
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 76
- Path of Glory, p. 256
- Path of Glory, p. 246
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 38, "Unit Profile"