- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Clan Sea Fox|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unknown|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heatsinks|
|Speed||94 kph km/h|
The design is strongly pattered after the Crusader heavy BattleMech, with the design's focus on long-range firepower and the majority of its weapons mounted in the arms and notably also some in the legs. In this sense, the Fox could arguably regarded as an early example of a "IIC" design, though it was never explicitly described as a Crusader IIC.
Weapons and Equipment
The Fox was designed using a mix of older Star League Technology and some early Clan weaponry.
While a medium-size design at 50 tons, the Fox is a fairly fast medium 'Mech, powered by an Extra-Light Fusion Engine that propels it up to 94 kph at a run. This weight savings from its engine and endosteel skeleton allows for a sizable amount of weaponry to be mounted, mostly found in the arms.
While considered to be a generalist design, the main fire power is strictly focused on long ranges with pair of experimental Improved Long-Range Missile Launchers, one in each arm. At intermediate and short ranges, the 'Mech depends on its trio of Medium Lasers found arms and center torso and pair Star League Two-Tube Streak Short Range Missile Launchers found in the legs like on its likely Crusader ancestor. The Fox was also equipped to deal with infantry with four Machine Guns split in pairs on each of its arms, making the 'Mech a threat to be feared by conventional troops used in Clan combat.
Most of the ammunition for the machine guns and the long-range launcher's four tons of ammunition is stored in the side torsos, while a single ton of the older Streak ammunition is found nestled in lower part of the center torso.
- As of this writing, there is no official artwork going with the Fox other than the silhouette of a "Reseen" Crusader as redesigned ca. 3067 and first published in Technical Readout: Project Phoenix. The sihohouette was later also used to represent the unseen classic Crusader in Technical Readout: 3039.
- MUL Profile for the Fox(standard)
- Turning Points: Tokasha, p30 - Fox V2 Battle Value
- TechManual, p.16 The Shape of Things to Come - Fox shown as First BattleMech produced by Clan Sea Fox.
- Turning Points: Tokasha, p. 1, 6, 30 - Allocation Tables show the Fox was part of the Touman of Clan Ghost Bear in the Tokasha Trials against Hell's Horses.
- Turning Points: Tokasha, p.30 - Fox stats from Record Sheet show that the design is a mixed technology design with experimental Clan Improved Long Range Missiles.