- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
- This article is about the small craft design. For the Leopard-class DropShip, see Foxhound (Individual Leopard-class DropShip).
|TiG-40 Foxhound Gunboat|
|Manufacturer||Vandenberg Mechanized Industries|
|Type (Shape)||Military Spheroid|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Armament|| 2x Improved Heavy Gauss Rifles |
2x ER Large Lasers
2x Laser AMS
|Armor||Heavy Ferro-Aluminum Armor|
|Heat Sinks||20 Double Heat Sinks|
|Crew||4 (3 enlisted/non-rates, 1 gunner)|
Built for the Taurian Concordat as a defensive vessel, the Foxhound is a product of the nation's need for protecting its borders from unwanted incursions. Intended for short-endurance patrols, the ship carries limited fuel and a small crew for its missions.
Weapons and Equipment
Using a blend of Advance Technology that was acquired during the Concordat's brief technology exchange with the Word of Blake. The craft's long-range weaponry includes a pair of Extended Range Large Lasers mounted in the nose. On each of the craft's sides, exist its most potent weapons; Improved Heavy Gauss Rifles. Each of the Rifles are fed by four tons of ammunition which keep these weapons well fed throughout combat.
The Foxhound's defensive capacities consist of two Laser Anti-Missile Systems split between the nose and its aft sections. To increase its survival in the rigors of heavy combat, the craft is protected by 16.5 tons of Heavy Ferro-Aluminum armor, while its engines propel the craft at a modest rate speed to be able to intercept potential targets.
The craft is fitted with Steerage-Class style quarters for its crew.
The Foxhound is subject of the following Design Quirks:
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 182 - BV2
- MUL Foxhound Gunship profile - BV2 listed with intro year.
- Record Sheets: Prototypes, p. 95
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 182 - Background info
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, pp. 182-183 - Stats and capacities