Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
|X:Y Coordinates||-370.19 : -469.95[e]|
|Recharge time||196 hours|
The Frobisher system is the location of at least one habitable world, Frobisher II, and as at 3095 was located in the Deep Periphery close to the borders of the Magistracy of Canopus and the Marian Hegemony.
The Frobisher system was colonised in the last decade of the twenty-seventh century by the Star League, but wasn't considered significant enough to merit recording on maps. The location of the system was released by Interstellar Expeditions, who rediscovered the system in 3089.
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Tainted)|
|Equatorial temperature||37°C (Warm-Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Fish|
Frobisher II - more commonly known simply as Frobisher - is a temperate world almost completely covered by oceans, with a single moon named Ayde.
Star League Era
Frobisher was first settled in the 2690s. The Star League used Frobisher's ocean to conduct experiments in modifying the human genome. The Star League spent billions of dollars creating underwater living quarters and laboratories on land. After years of research, the scientific teams had created a group of humans who could live entirely underwater. The vast oceans of Frobisher teemed with a wide variety of aquatic life, and the scientists were able to integrate DNA from these creatures with human DNA. The resulting modified humans had easily-hidden gills and webbed feet and hands. They could also live outside of oceans, and the Star League saw their existence as a new step in colonizing various hostile worlds.
After the fall of the Star League the funding ceased and pirates began raiding the world for the scientific machinery. Many of the scientists involved in the project also moved to the Magistracy of Canopus to work in the medical field. The remaining scientists dedicated their lives to helping the modified humans who remained on Frobisher. Despite their best efforts, the Frobishers had a very small population and after years of inbreeding and a breakdown in the DNA manipulation equipment used by the Star League to prevent genetic replication errors, the native Frobishers became very different from their standard human ancestors. When Interstellar Expeditions rediscovered Frobisher in 3089 the Frobishers lacked all body hair, their hands and feet only had three long digits connected by webbing, and they possessed large eyes to see in the ocean depths. Most importantly their lungs had degenerated to the point that they were only able to survive in atmosphere for a very short time.
The Dark Age
Following first contact with Interstellar Expeditions the native Frobishers made repeated requests for help; the raiders who had struck at Frobisher repeatedly since the fall of the Star League - and who were affiliated with an unknown group - had stripped the laboratory facilities and surface complexes of anything of value. Blighted by massively compromised immune systems, the Frobisher population was not only dwindling, but unable to survive outside the oceans of Frobisher, and the Star League era-equipment was the only thing capable of keeping their drifting genome in check. Despite exploring what they could do to help the population, IE was largely unable to help the population.
- 2700 - Terran Hegemony
- 2750 - No record 
- 2764 - No record 
- 2765 - No record 
- 2786 - No record 
- 2822 - No record 
- 3040 - No record 
- 3050 - No record 
- 3052 - No record 
- 3057 - No record 
- 3063 - No record 
- 3067 - No record 
- 3081 - No record 
- 3085 - No record 
- 3089 - Independent world 
- 3095 - Independent world 
- 3130 - No record 
- 3135 - No record 
- 3145 - No record 
| Four nearest neighbouring systems (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 82, "Frobisher"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 76, "Deep Periphery (Rimward Sector)"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 29, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. Vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- First Succession War
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: War of 3039
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130