|Mission||Frontline Combat Tank|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armor||StarSlab/4 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
|Communications System||TharHes Muse 54-58K w/Guardian ECM & C3 Slave|
|Targeting Tracking System||TharHes Mars8.2 w/Targeting Computer|
The Gürteltier Main Battle Tank was a frontline combat vehicle produced for House Steiner in the early 3080s. The tank was designed as a multi-purpose combat vehicle to fill in the roles that lighter Patton and Rommel tanks serve in their own respective weight class.
Weapons and Equipment
The tank's main weaponry is composed of its Poland Main Model A Gauss Cannon and Defiance 1001 Extended Range PPC which are mounted in the turret. Also mounted there is a 7-tubed Multi-Missile Launcher, which has 3 ammunition bins from which to draw different ordnance.
The tank has three Coventry Light Autoguns mounted right, left and rear to offer some protection against infantry forces. In addition to the impressive weaponry, the tank's hull is protected by 19 tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor with CASE integrated into it. The bulk of the tank's armor is placed on its front side with modest protection to is other areas.
The Gürteltier's electronics include a C3 Slave Computer and a Guardian ECM Suite. This gives the tank the ability to coordinate its actions while disrupting enemy C3 Networks and other advance electronics.
- C3 Master
- Being produced at 3086, the Gürteltier's command variant that was created to coordinate a full lance of C3-equipped units. This version removes the Gauss Rifle to make room for the larger C3 Master Computer. In its place, a Class 10 LB-X Autocannon was installed in the turret. A Targeting Computer has been added to the turret as well to help guide the tank's weaponry. Additional weaponry includes a forward firing Light Machine Gun and anArtemis IV Fire Control slaved to the MML-launcher. BV (2.0) = 1,863
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 50-51, "Gürteltier MBT"
- MUL online data for the Gürteltier
- MUL online data for the Gürteltier MBT (C3M) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 70