|Gaajian System Patrol Boat|
|Use|| Patrol Ship |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armament|| 3x PPCs |
6x Large Laser
14x Medium Lasers
8x Small Lasers
|Armor|| Nose: 208 |
|Crew|| Total: 64
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||0/4|
| Small Craft/
|Targeting Tracking System||Unspecified|
The Gaajian is a small Military DropShip, designed as patrol vessel and has been used by the Draconis Combine since before it's formation as nation. Designed originally for the Alliance of Galedon, the Gaajian was originally intended as armed escort vessel for merchant traffic in star systems which were part of the Alliance. The design would remain in service with the Combine after it's formation and continue perform it's design function for centuries almost unchanged.
Typically the ship would safeguard merchant vessels transferring between space stations, JumpShips, and orbital facilities from pirates and other intruders. Among its duties would to alert planetary authorities of an invasion, while also enforcing the laws of the Combine on merchants. Its array onboard sensors can assist ground elements from orbit, giving them tactical advantages over an opposing force. Some of these ships have served the DCA for centuries, giving them long memorable histories. Crews of these ships traditionally record their ship's histories in form of painted color murals the ship's bulkheads.
Weapons and Equipment
As a system patrol boat, the Gaajian design built for multiple tasks. While not fastest ship in the Combine's inventory of DropShips, the ship can move at modest pace to be able to catch typical slow moving merchant vessels. The ship's sensors are one of the key component to the design's success. The Gaajian is fitted with a Look-Down Radar and Hi-Res Imager which can be used in orbit to help friendly forces on the ground to pin down enemy forces on the planet and feed data to friendly commanders, giving them edge in a battle.
In the role of escort, the ship is armed modestly with array of energy base weaponry. A pair PPCs, four Medium and Small Lasers are mounted in the nose. While forward sides arcs are fitted with a pairing of two large and medium lasers, while the aft facing sides only consist of a pair of mediums. The Aft portion of the ship is armed with pairs of Large and Mediums Lasers, with four small lasers rounding out ship's defenses as part of it's point defenses. The ships is protected with 43.5 ton of Standard armor, giving it modest protection from typical pirates with allotted focused on the bow.
Should a inspection or boarding action be needed, the ship's compliment of forty-two marines troopers can be dispatched by small craft to target vessel. Typically, Gaajians are assigned pair of Dragonstar small craft for these actions.
- Gaajian System Patrol Boat (3060)
- With event of new technologies becoming available in the middle of the Thirty-First Century, the Gaajian design was updated. Introduced in 3060, a slightly truncated vessel emerged from shipyards, it dimensions were reduced to 59 meters in height, width, length. It's standard PPCs and Medium Lasers have exchanged for Extended Range models, while large lasers have been changed out for heavier Pulse. Point defense has been enhanced by exchanging the Small Lasers for single Anti-Missile System mounted in each side where the Smalls were located. To handle heat, the ship's single heat sinks have been changed out for 54 Double Heat Sinks and allowing for the cargo space to increase to 111 tons. Finally, the ship's Marine compliment has been dropped to 21 troopers, 12 Battle Armor troopers been added in to the ship's crew compliment. BV(2.0)=3,592
- Bay 1 - Small Craft Cubicle (2) - 2 Door
- Bay 2 - Cargo (95 tons) - 1 Door
As of this writing, the Gaajian no listing in the Master Unit List as of this time.
- Handbook: House Kurita, PDF pp.192-193, 204 - Gaajian - Battle Value 2 noted.
- Handbook: House Kurita, PDF pp.192-193, 204 - Gaajian - Ship's background information.
- Handbook: House Kurita, PDF pp.192-193, 204 - Gaajian - Ship's abilities and equipment.
- Handbook: House Kurita, PDF pp.192-193, 204 - Gaajian - Ship's variant characteristics, capabilities, and equipment from write up and record sheet. Noting that in ship's write up, that the ship is now completely spherical.