Gamma Galaxy (Clan Jade Falcon)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Nickname||"Jade Falcon Galaxy"|
|Parent Formation||Clan Jade Falcon Touman|
Lost the 305th Assault Cluster during the Refusal War and reorganized after the war.
The Galaxy Commander leading Gamma Galaxy was assassinated by Word of Blake agents in 3073, prompting Khan Samantha Clees to appoint Quinn Kerensky to command Gamma. After taking command of the Galaxy Kerensky began efforts to stabilize the Galaxy, which had been badly depleted by constant combat. Her tenure as Galaxy Commander antagonized traditionalists within Clan Jade Falcon, who had long been at odds with Quinn's methods and who continued to question the choice of giving command of the Jade Falcons' most prestigious front-line Galaxy to her.
In the aftermath of the Jihad Quinn Kerensky continued to command Gamma Galaxy, but the Galaxy found itself undergoing a relatively quiet period after a decade of turmoil. Gamma raided the worlds of Laurent and Vulcan, but found no defending forces to fight; a planned raid on Dustball was blocked by Khan Clees, and with the Khan's order that all defensive bids against forces from Clan Wolf-in-Exile be set high to generate the impression that any raid would run the risk of provoking a major conflict, Kerensky found her options restricted. She responded by concentrating on the task assigned to her - rebuilding Gamma Galaxy into an effective operational unit capable of conducting offensive operations.
During the rise of Malvina Hazen and the Falcon's Rending in the mid-thirty-second century Gamma Galaxy was shattered. The Galaxy was then subsequently rebuilt with new 'Mechs and new Clusters. Light, mobile Clusters were added to the existing heavy Talon units, and the rebuilt Gamma Galaxy led the feint made by the Golden Ordun that reached towards Coventry in 3141. Working alongside Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy pushed through the mercenary and Clan Wolf-in-Exile troops in their path, shielding the Gyrfalcons and stopping close to Coventry itself. Gamma Galaxy was still in place in 3145 but had raided the nearby worlds of Coventry and Loxley continuously, targeting industrial sites and forcing the Lyran Commonwealth defenders to spread themselves thin; while the tempo of raids kept the Lyrans off-balance and unsure where to defend, they also eroded the strength of Gamma Galaxy, making it unlikely that a major offensive could be launched.
|Commanding Officers of Gamma Galaxy|
|Galaxy Commander||Mar Helmer||3053|
|Galaxy Commander||Rozendo Hazen||3059|
|Galaxy Commander||Amelia Icaza||3067-3073|
|Galaxy Commander||Quinn Kerensky||3073-3085 |
|Galaxy Commander||Jane Thastus||3145|
- Galaxy Command Star - The Jade Eyes
- Jade Falcon Guards
- 3rd Falcon Talon Cluster
- 7th Falcon Regulars Cluster
- 9th Talon Cluster
- 12th Falcon Regulars
- Jade Eyrie Cluster
- Jade Solahma Cluster
- First Falcon Hussars
- First Falcon Swoop Cluster
- Third Falcon Swoop Cluster
- Third Talon Cluster
- Ninth Talon Cluster
- Jade Solahma Cluster
- First Falcon Velites
- Second Falcon Jaegers
- Third Falcon Talon
- Sixth Falcon Striker Cluster
- Ninth Falcon Talon
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 129 - Quinn Kerensky - her promotion to Galaxy Commander in 3073 is noted.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 136 - Quinn needs to stabilize Gamma Galaxy in order to prove her worth to her critics.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 117, "Gamma Galaxy (Jade Falcon Galaxy)"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 156, "Gamma Galaxy (Jade Falcon Galaxy)"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook p. 20 - Elevation of Timur Malthus to saKhan
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 72
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 126
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 129
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 125, "Gamma Galaxy (Clan Jade Falcon)"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 168, "Gamma Galaxy (Clan Jade Falcon)"