- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Garrot Superheavy Transport|
|Armor||Bulldog Lite Plate|
|Engine||Bulldog EcoBust 10 ICE|
|Communications System||O/P R Janxiir|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P 100 Basic|
Produced by Bulldog Enterprises of Proserpina, the Garrot is a post-Jihad design, and a militarised version of their SkyStar freighter. Lightly armored, and able to carry over half of its weight in cargo, the Garrot was designed as a military cargo carrier and is meant for use at the rear flank. After the invasion of the Republic of the Sphere when the HPG network went down, the design was acquired by many splinter factions and all of the Inner Sphere's Houses.
While intended to only support logistic operations of the military, the Garrot can also be very effective in so called "near-combat" applications. Examples of such great, but daring applications are numerous since its introduction to outside forces: these include ferrying artillery to support ground troops' advance, infiltrating facilities which mistake the VTOL for its civilian counterpart, or even using it to drop fuel tanks on the advancing enemy out of desperation.
The Republic of the Sphere uses the Garrot as the backbone of its aerial transport units.
Weapons and Equipment
The Garrot's only weapons are a pair of Bulldog Light Machine Guns mounted in a chin turret. 6.5 tons of armor ensure adequate protection for the vehicle, but it still is ill-suited for military engagements.
No variants of the Garrot are known to exist.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 12-13, "Garrot Superheavy Transport"
- online date for the Garrot
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 23