Gauss Submachine Gun
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
The Gauss Submachine Gun is a personal gauss weapon used by the Clans. The Gauss SMG was introduced and sold by Clan Diamond Shark in the wake of the Clan Invasion, as the Invading Clans found themselves ill-prepared to combat the low-level insurgencies spreading throughout their Occupation Zones and required effective weapons for unarmored security forces. Based on the gauss pistol standard to many Clan paramilitary police, Diamond Shark technicians were able to create a weapon slightly larger than a normal submachine gun, silent in operation and capable of semi-auto or three-round burst modes. Firing ferromagnetic tungsten alloy darts at subsonic speeds, the Gauss SMG can defeat most forms of personal combat armor.
- Combat Equipment, p. 12, "Gauss Submachine Gun"
- A Time of War, p. 268, "Gauss Weapons - Table"