Generic Expandable Services Vehicle
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Generic Expandable Services Vehicle|
|Use||Multi-Function Support OmniVehicle|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Wheeled (Medium)|
|Power Plant||Electric (Fuel Cell)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||2,745 km|
Created by the Federated Suns, the Generic Expandable Services Vehicle (also known as the GESV) is designed to be a multi-role support vehicle. Using an OmniVehicle chassis, the vehicle is able to be reconfigured to a number of roles, which include its principal configuration as a mobile command post. The GESV is utilized by military, government, and non-government organizations.
Aside from being employed as a military and civilian Mobile Headquarters, it is utilized as a cargo vehicle, mobile kitchen, and MASH unit. While its trailer has its own different configurations to enhance GESV's abilities to meet the needs of its user.
Equipment and Capabilities
The GESV pulling unit is based on a Tractor and Omni Chassis. The vehicle is able to pull multiple trailers with its Fuel Cell Engine. The vehicle is protected by tons of BAR 7 grade armor.
Various, see Alternate Configurations. It has two doors, one for right and left sides.
GESV Tractor Configurations
- Mobile Command Post Config. - The Mobile Command Post is fitted with a 7 tons of Communication Equipment. Mounted on its rear, the configuration gives 2 Remote Sensor Dispensers. In this configuration, the module requires a crew of 7 people.
- Mobile Field Kitchen Config. - It features two field kitchens, 1.7 refrigerated space and 3 tons reserve standard cargo. It has a crew requirement of 6 and can feed upwards to 300 personal.
- MASH Config. - The medical configuration of the GESV track includes single MASH unit, with two 5 surgical theaters. The 30 person crew configuration has a cargo capacity of 2.5 tons.
The 15 ton GESV Trailer is designed similarly to tractor, utilizing a Omni chassis. It also built be able attached to pull along another GESV Trailer. The Trailer is protected by 1.5 tons of BAR 7 grade armor and has the Equipment Rating of E/X-X-X/E.
GESV Trailer Configurations
- Cargo/Workspace Config. - Designed as combination of cargo trail and multi-function workspace. It has maximum cargo capacity of 11.5 tons.
- Bunker Config - Designed as mobile home for general personal or infantry. It has two 2 Foot Infantry Bays which are able to house up to 60 people. It is noted that bunker configuration is cramped. Bunker has 1.5 tons worth of cargo space for basic supplies.
- At time of this writing, there are no published record sheets for neither the GESV's tractor and trailers nor any of its variants.
- The GESV features a tractor, trailer, Omni Chassis, and control modifications.
- MUL Profile for Generic Expandable Service Vehicle Tractor (Standard) - Introduction Date Only.
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 199 - Generic Expandable Services Vehicle - Background information on tractor.
- MUL Profile for the GESV's Trailer - Introduction Date Only.