Goliath Scorpion (species)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|(Pandinus Giga Babylonica)|
|Average mass||.25 kg|
|Average length||25 cm|
|Average height||7 centimeters|
The goliath scorpion is potentially the most dangerous native species inhabiting Babylon. Hundreds of the first colonists of Babylon fell prey to the scorpions before the creature's nests in the deserts became recognized and avoided. The scorpion's suicidal determination in defense of these nests has led to a fearsome reputation.
Like most scorpions, the goliath is venomous. In addition to being deadly to humans, their poison was discovered to be a strong mind-altering hallucinogen. Most of the few who did survive a sting were mentally damaged.
The goliath scorpion was chosen as one of the Clan totems by Nicholas Kerensky. Thus Clan Goliath Scorpion was born. In time, Clan Goliath Scorpion would use the venom of their namesake to create necrosia, a halluncinogenic drink that they claimed allowed them to see glimpses of the future.
- Classic BattleTech Companion, p. 138, "Creatures"