- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Affiliation||Clan Ghost Bear|
Among the Ghost Bear's most elite warriors, Gorman Bekker would serve an unprecedented twenty-two years in one of his Clan's most elite Keshiks. During that time, his legacy would be entwined with that of the Executioner OmniMech.
Numerous Clans expressed interest in the newly developed assault weight OmniMech with Star Captain Reginald Amirault of Clan Hell's Horses the first to issue a Trial of Possession for the design, with Bekker winning the bid to defend. Neglecting the Hell's Horses Watch's briefing on the design, Amirault was shocked when the seemingly underpowered assault 'Mech deftly jumped behind his Timber Wolf, Bekker eviscerating his opponent with one targeted weapons volley.
Over the first few decades of its deployment, multiple Clans would repeatedly trial for the Executioner or its production site with the Ghost Bears defeating all comers, Bekker alone successfully winning eighteen trials against fourteen Clans. Gorman Bekker's nineteenth trial for the Executioner would be his last, Clan Smoke Jaguar successfully winning a Stars worth of the 'Mech when the Ghost Bear MechWarrior died when he suffered a massive brain aneurysm in the middle of the Trial.
Refusing to believe such a fierce warrior could be felled by a mere natural malady, the Smoke Jaguars honored Gorman Bekker's legacy by including a small statue of him at their genetic repository, an almost unheard of recognition for a representative of an enemy Clan.
Gorman Bekker is best known for his masterful use of a Executioner for numerous decades prior to his death.
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade cites that Gorman Bekker served twenty-two years in the Golden Keshik, but no such unit exists in the Ghost Bear Touman. While not impossible he was captured by a Clan did have one (such as Clan Wolf or Clan Coyote), the text implies he remained a Ghost Bear so it is more likely the text intended he served in the Bears' Alpha Galaxy (The Golden Bears) in either the Ourse or Silveroot Keshik. This would mean he had undergone the Clawing on top of earning his Bloodname.
- The video game MechWarrior Online would introduce a Executioner Hero 'Mech piloted by Gorman Bekker - the Cherbi - but no evidence exists he piloted a non-standard config or bestowed his 'Mech with a name, thus the Cherbi is considered apocryphal.
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 142-143, "Executioner OmniMech Profile"
- MechWarrior Online - "Clan Heroes II Sale Page"