- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Gray's Ghosts: No Job Too Small|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Captain Vince Chevalle|
Gray's Ghosts were a company-sized mercenary unit that had a bad reputation.
The command was formed in 3062, and had a bad reputation from the beginning. They were accused of war atrocities and other crimes. The Ghosts were also known to have failed to support other friendly mercenary units. This happened often enough that the Fighting Shamrocks mercenary command swore to get revenge on the Ghosts. The Ghosts were also known to have broken at least three contracts with employers. By the early years of the Jihad, the mercenaries worked for the Circinus Federation.
The MRBC found the Ghosts guilty of killing civilians, acts of piracy, and other war crimes in 3069 for their actions on Sierra in the Free Worlds League. This led to a number of bounty hunters and other mercenary commands hunting the unit, but they were working for the Word of Blake via a contract with the Circinicus Federation.
Their employment with the Word of Blake was confirmed in 3072 when they assaulted Galatea alongside the 11th Division, the 47th Shadow Division, Bullard's Armored Cavalry, and the Martian Cuirassiers. Gary's Ghosts were still on Galatea when the Coalition launched a major offensive to recapture the planet in 3075, and by 3076 had been wiped out toa man.
They preferred to outnumber the enemy when possible.
Their equipment often lacked repairs and was, as a result, in bad shape. The unit also didn't own any transport assets.
Dragoon Rating: F (Under Review)
- CO: Captain Vince Chevalle
- Medium 'Mechs dominated the roster
- Masters & Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 224, "Word of Blake Mercenary Employment"
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 38, "Gray's Ghosts"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 20
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 109
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 120, "The Condemned"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update p. 20