- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of ????)|
|Formed||2750 (as Legos's Lancers)|
Originally raised in 2750 by Antilos Legos under the name Legos's Lancers, this mercenary battalion gained a new name "a few years later" during deployment in the city of Greenhaven on Novara: The local mayor called them the "Greenhaven Gestapo" for their vicious and authoritarian tactics, and Legos was amused enough to adopt the name for his unit, now a regiment in strength.
By the early 2760s Antilos Legos was serving as a military advisor to Rim Worlds Republic lord Stefan Amaris, and would remain something of a right-hand man for Amaris; the unscrupulous and violent Greenhaven Gestapo became a go-to unit for irregular operations, and was at the forefront of Operation APOTHEOSIS, the bloody Amaris Coup that seized control of the Star League. They were instrumental in seizing the Hegemony Government complex on Terra.
Among the numerous atrocities the Greenhaven Gestapo is said to have committed, one outstanding example is the sacking of the Vatican state on Terra and the murder of Pope Clement XXVII in 2770. Legos reportedly presided over the "trial" of the College of Cardinals himself and executed the pope when the Church was unable to pay Legos' stupendous ransom demands, then ordered his men to "have fun" with the Cardinals. Unimaginable horrors were inflicted upon the Cardinals and the people of Rome.
While the specific fate of the Greenhaven Gestapo as a unit is not spelled out, Antilos Legos died in a final battle outside Ferrara, Italy, on Terra on 24 March 2777 when the SLDF reconquered the planet. It is heavily implied that the Greenhaven Gestapo was shattered as a unit after a bitterly fought defensive campaign where they eventually succumbed to the SLDF army although Legos was reportedly unafraid to use terror tactics or strategic weapons.
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 19
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 76
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, pp. 28, 30, 88
- The Star League, p. 83
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 19-20
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 20
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 5 ("Hard Justice")