- Fan-Made BattleTech Comic Based On MechWarrior Online Coming Soon
- Community Outreach - Interview With BanditB17 And mdmzero0 On The 2018 MechWarrior Online World Championship Finals
- First BattleTech Expansion - Flashpoint - Arrives November 27th
- Update From Catalyst On The New BattleTech Box Sets
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- Read more →
The Wolfhound IIC is the rebuilt version of "Grinner", Phelan Kell's Wolfhound BattleMech. It is unclear whether this design ever achieved full production, and the only version of it known to be in existence is his. In authorizing the upgrade, Khan Ulric Kerensky spared no expense. It uses an Endo Steel internal structure and an XL Engine to save weight, while also mounting six and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, the most that can be squeezed onto the chassis. An ECM Suite provides additional defense against enemy electronics. 
Weapons and Equipment
A direct upgrade of the Wolfhound, its IIC version has better range, damage, and heat control. Its largest and longest-range gun is the arm-mounted ER Large Laser. A trio of torso-mounted Medium Pulse Lasers provide accurate firepower, while a rear-mounted ER Medium Laser worries any 'Mech that gets behind the IIC. Fourteen double heat sinks are enough to keep heat levels at a minimum as long as the rear-mounted laser does not see use. The design team charged with rebuilding Grinner were initially set on using some of the weight savings of the Clan technology to mount an Anti-Missile System in the design, but the technicians ultimately decided that it would go against the design specification of the Wolfhound as an all-energy weapon platform, without ammunition concerns, to mount one. 
Though technically a one-of-kind design, a number of sources posit entirely different weapon arrays from the canon loadout above:
The pilot of the original, and only confirmed version, Phelan Kell is one of the best-known MechWarriors in history. Phelan piloted his Wolfhound IIC, "Grinner", to victory over Vlad Ward in his bid to earn a Bloodname, becoming the youngest ever to do so. By 3059, however, Kell (now Khan of Clan Wolf-in-Exile) had abandoned Grinner in favor of a Gladiator.
- The unknown variant described in More Tales of The Black Widow would technically be 2.5 tons overweight as described, unless further modifications were made such as removing heatsinks or installing a smaller engine.
- An apocryphal version of the Wolfhound IIC Grinner was added to MechWarrior Online but is instead a variant of the Wolfhound chassis that utilizes Inner Sphere rather than Clan technology.
- MUL online date for the Wolfhound IIC
- Tukayyid (scenario pack), p. 10, "Wolfhound II C"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 70
- More Tales of the Black Widow, p. 61