- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||WC Site 4|
|Mission|| Defense |
|Armor||StarSlab/3H Hardened with CASE|
|Engine||Edasich Motors 380 XL Fusion|
|Communications System||K9 Communications System|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hunter (2) Dedicated TTS|
The Gulltoppr OmniMonitor is a thirty-second century superheavy OmniVehicle. It was first produced for the Lyran Commonwealth and Clan Wolf-in-Exile as a defensive garrison unit. The Gulltoppr was designed and manufactured by Clan Wolf-in-Exile on Arc-Royal in 3102, the unit was mass produced to help fill up worlds on the Clan border.
Twice the size of Clan Wolf-In-Exile's Heimdall, the vehicle was produced without its weaponry, allowing for recipients to arm them upon their arrival. Gulltoppr are mammoth machines that are noted for their impressive firepower and armor, but their slow speeds keeps them from being anything more than a defensive combat unit.
Weapons and Equipment
The Gulltoppr was designed with Inner Sphere technology. Not the fastest of units, these 190 ton Omni vehicles' slower speeds are due in part to its 44 tons of StarSlab and standard armor spread out across its hull. Boasting 61.5 tons of OmniPod Capacity, these modular plug-in weapon and equipment ports are split mainly between the vehicle's two turrets (30 tons in turret one and 25 tons in turret two). Inner Sphere designed CASE is permanently part of the vehicle to offer protection from ammo and weapon explosions.
Weaponry for the Gulltoppr's Primary Configuration is mounted exclusively in its two turrets. Turret one is the home to a pair of Gauss Rifles, which are fed by four tons of ammunition. Turret Two houses the Vehicle's big, short-ranged Long Tom Cannon and a pair of Anti-Missile Systems. The Long Tom Cannon has been allotted three tons of ammunition while another two tons are set aside for the AMS. A Guardian ECM Suite is placed in the hull to provide some electronic warfare capacities for the vehicle. The vehicle's primary configuration is vulnerable to close-in attacks due to the lack of any short ranged or anti-infantry weaponry.
- Alt. Config. A
- This configuration sports a mix of Inner Sphere and Clan technology. The tank's main guns (fitted in turret one) are a pair of Clan Gauss Rifles with four tons of ammo. In turret two, three Artemis V guided Clan LRM-20 Launchers are housed. The launchers have eight tons of ammunition fed to them from the vehicle's hull ammunition bin. Other equipment fitted includes a Clan Targeting Computer and a Clan ECM Suite. BV(2.0)=3,668
The Gulltoppr has the following Design Quirks:
Originally, the Gulltoppr was published with Hardened Armor, however it was discovered it was errant/error when the stats were made for the unit in 2013. Thus, in place of the Hardened Armor, standard armor (total armor factor of 704) was used substitute damage resistant armor due to being a even swap. As of this time, both record sheets books that have been published for the Gulltoppr remain the same with Hardened armor.
- MUL online date for the Gulltoppr
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 25 & 77, "Gulltoppr OmniMonitor" - BV.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 291
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 24, "Gulltoppr OmniMonitor" - Background.
- Errant TRO: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth - Gulltoppr "Hardened Armor errant off unit due to it being illegal for Omni units to have it.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 24-25 & 77, "Gulltoppr OmniMonitor" - Stats.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 25 & 79, "Gulltoppr OmniMonitor" - A Configuration.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 292
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 25 & 79, "Gulltoppr OmniMonitor" - B Configuration.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 293