Arctic Cheetah (Hankyu)
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Foster Mechworks Facility Beta|
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3037|
|Chassis||Hellion Light Endo Steel V3|
|Armor||Compound Beta Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Warrior 240 XL|
|Communications System||HCFA 3001 5.7|
|Targeting Tracking System||HCFA 3005 4.3|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Foster Ocelot Mrk. VIII|
The Arctic Cheetah was originally designed by Clan Ice Hellion to replace the Mist Lynx OmniMech. Shortly after they began production in 3037, Clan Smoke Jaguar conquered the factory on Foster that produced the design, enabling the Jaguars to replace their Mist Lynx 'Mechs. The design was dubbed the Hankyu (Japanese for "short bow") by the Draconis Combine forces that first encountered it during the Battle of Luthien.
The Arctic Cheetah uses all the weight-saving materials that were available to the Clans in the 3030s: an Endo Steel structure, an XL Engine, and four tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. It maintains enough jump jets in the base chassis to leap up to one hundred eighty meters at a time.
Weapons and Equipment
Every variant of the Arctic Cheetah mounts a modular Flamer somewhere on the 'Mech for anti-infantry work. The most common configuration to Clan Smoke Jaguar and Clan Nova Cat uses a pair of LRM-5s and ER Medium Lasers, enabling it to excel in medium-range work. The primary configuration is also an incredible scout, mounting an Active Probe, ECM Suite, and TAG.
- Alt. Config. E
- Configured for anti-infantry work, this variant carries two Machine Gun Arrays populated with three Light Machine Guns each as its primary weaponry. These are backed up by a single Flamer, and battle armor troops are threatened by the twin B-Pods mounted on the torso. For harder targets, it carries two Medium Pulse Lasers. BV (2.0) = 1,084
These variants were introduced in various apocryphal sources, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
From MechWarrior Online:
- ACH-SH Shard
- A customized variant of the Arctic Cheetah piloted by Eva Hordwon, the Shard carries two ER Medium Lasers in each arm, supported by twin Heavy Machine Guns in the right torso and a left torso-mounted Streak SRM-4. A single ton of Streak missiles and a ton and a half of HMG ammo give the Shard good endurance.
MechWarrior Online art of the Arctic Cheetah
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 164-165, "Hankyu Profile"
- MUL online date for Arctic Cheetah (Hankyu)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 151
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 105
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 160-161, "Hankyu"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 152
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 106
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 153
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 107
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 154
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 109
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 110
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 82
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 156
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 43
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 111
- MechWarrior Online - "Clan Heroes II Sale Page"
- Master Unit List
- MechWarrior Online Clan Heroes II Sale Page
- Luthien (scenario pack)
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade