Heat Seeking Warhead
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Though based on technology used from the Pre-Spaceflight era, Heat Seeking Warheads didn't enter service in the Terran Hegemony until 2340. Though very effective against very hot targets (overheated 'Mechs or units hit by Inferno weapons), the sensors used by Heat Seeking Warheads were so large that the traditional guidance systems had to be removed. This rendered units that didn't give off significant heat effectively immune to Heat Seeking missiles. Coupled with their tendency to lock onto open fires (such as those caused by Flamers and Infernos) the Heat Seeking Warhead is far less common today than its standard cousin.
- Tactical Operations, p. 369, "Heat-Seeking Missiles"