Heat Seeking Warhead
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
Though based on technology used from the Pre-Spaceflight era, Heat Seeking Warheads didn't enter service in the Terran Hegemony until 2340. Though very effective against very hot targets (overheated 'Mechs or units hit by Inferno weapons), the sensors used by Heat Seeking Warheads were so large that the traditional guidance systems had to be removed. This rendered units that didn't give off significant heat effectively immune to Heat Seeking missiles. Coupled with their tendency to lock onto open fires (such as those caused by Flamers and Infernos) the Heat Seeking Warhead is far less common today than its standard cousin.
- Tactical Operations, p. 369, "Heat-Seeking Missiles"