- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Died||9 August 3069|
|Affiliation||Free Worlds League|
|Minister of Defense|
Heather Alexander was a career intelligence operative. She began as a field operative in her teens and worked her way up the ranks. She earned a reputation for being both intelligent and crafty. Heather's military career began with a posting to the staff of the Fusiliers of Oriente as an intelligence officer; advancing swiftly into Federal service, Heather worked initially as an operative and then later as an analyst. Heather worked her way up to the position of operations officer in charge of the liberation units, those irregular units maintained by the Free Worlds League; appointed to the post in 3051, she subsequently caught the eye of the Captain-General.
Appointed to the post of head of Military Intelligence in 3057, Heather hadn't been in post long enough by the time Operation GUERRERO began to do much more than continue the policies put in place by her predecessor. As head of MI, she oversaw intelligence-gathering efforts in foreign nations and counterintelligence within the League. A member of the League Central Coordination and Command, Admiral Alexander wielded power beyond that of her position alone. Her first year in post was spent directing extensive reviews of the performance displayed by the various liberation units, with a view to identifying where they would benefit from updated training or equipment.
In 3061, Heather was promoted to the Minister of Defense. In this position she was Thomas Marik's military deputy, chairing LCCC meetings when he was unavailable and directing the entire Free Worlds League Military, subject to his approval. Heather's rise to the post of Minister of Defense was a reward for her loyalty; during her tenure as head of MI she was approached by a number of Thomas' political opponents, who viewed her as an important cog within the Free Worlds League Military, but each found her to be immovably loyal to Thomas.
Heather's appointment to the post of Minister of Defense brought with it increased contact with the Word of Blake; while the specifics of her relationship with the Blakists is unknown, that relationship was reported to be cool, and records show that during her time as head of MI Heather had drafted a number of memoranda that defined possible threats posed to the FWLM by the Blakists. These memoranda were ignored.
On 9 August 3069, amid the Jihad, Paul Marik engineered a coup and placed his daughter Corinne on the throne. In the process of deposing the false Thomas Marik, Paul and his Blakist allies and sympathizers killed Heather and General Cassie Blake.
Marriage and children
Heather Alexander is known to have one daughter, Mira Alexander.
Positions and Titles
|Director of Military Intelligence
3057 to 3061
| Succeeded by|
|Minister of Defence
3061 to 3069
| Succeeded by|
- Field Manual: Update erroneously identifies Admiral Heather Alexander as the director of the Free Worlds League Navy on page 149.
- Shattered Sphere, p. 82, "Admiral Heather Alexander"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 85, "Heather Alexander"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 13, "League Central Coordination and Command"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 98, "Minister of Defense"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 6 & Blake Ascending, p. 166