HeavyMetal is a series of commercial software titles designed to complement Classic BattleTech, a board game of futuristic combat produced by Catalyst Game Labs. The software, developed by designer Rick Raisley and published by RCW Enterprises, assists the creation of custom units and maps for use in the game.
- HeavyMetal Pro, an application for designing BattleMechs, the predominant unit in BattleTech.
- HeavyMetal Vee, for designing ground vehicles and naval units. Also able to create VTOL aircraft (helicopters).
- HeavyMetal Lite, for designing ProtoMechs and printing record sheets for BattleArmor and infantry units.
- HeavyMetal Aero, for designing spacecraft, aerospace units and conventional aircraft.
- HeavyMetal Battle Armor, for designing BattleArmor units.
- HeavyMetal Map, for creating printed, hex-based game maps.
An omnibus title, HeavyMetal Plus, includes Pro, Vee, Lite and Random Unit Selector.
Various datafiles and program updates are also freely available for download.