Heavy Ferro-Fibrous Armor
Based upon the Light Ferro-Fibrous compound developed by Free Worlds League scientists, Durallex developed Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor for the Lyran Alliance Armed Forces in 3069. The fires of the Jihad quickly spread the technology to other Inner Sphere powers. Durallex was inspired by Kallon Industries' idea to modify the amount of diamond in the armor, but went in the other direction. The result was a bulkier armor that was stronger.
Heavy Ferro-Fibrous Armor is manufactured on the following planets:
|Durallex Guardian Heavy Ferro-Fibrous||Furillo/Hesperus II||Defiance Industries||DI Multipurpose VTOL|||
|Durallex Special Heavy Ferro-Fibrous||Hesperus II||Defiance Industries||Manticore II Heavy Tank|||
|Hellespont Heavy Ferro-Fibrous||Ares||Quikscell Company||Nisos Attack WiGE|||
|StarSlab-7 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous||Dunianshire||Majesty Metals and Manufacturing||Sheriff Infantry Support Tank|||
|Valiant Plate Heavy Ferro-Fibrous||Robinson||Valiant Systems||???|||
- TechManual, p. 205, "Armor - Heavy Ferro-Fibrous Armor"
- TechManual, p. 56 "BattleMech Armor Table"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 12-13, "DI Multipurpose VTOL"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 18-19, "Manticore II Heavy Tank"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 10-11, "Nisos Attack WiGE"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 16-17, "Sheriff Infantry Support Tank"