Heavy LRM Carrier
|Heavy LRM Carrier|
|Manufacturer||Majesty Metals and Manufacturing|
|Targeting Tracking System||FireScan w/IndirecTrack|
|BV (1.0)|| 773|
The Heavy LRM Carrier is an upgrade to the LRM Carrier, a traditional standby. Produced by the Magistracy of Canopus to coincide with the production of the Taurian Concordat's Light SRM Carrier, the Heavy LRM Carrier quickly found its way into the armed forces of every Periphery power thanks in part to both its low cost and the willingness of the Canopians to sell to all Periphery nations. Promotional vids that showed the two new combat vehicles from the allied powers working together helped as well.
The eighty ton carrier is slower than the vehicle it is based on, only capable of attaining speeds up to 32 km/h. This snail's pace is not seen as a great weakness, however, as it is not designed to close with an enemy. A measly four tons of armor protects the Heavy LRM Carrier, clearly its greatest weakness as it is not capable of withstanding any counter-barrage.
Weapons and Equipment
The simple, yet brutally effective, armament of the Carrier is four Delta Dart LRM-20 Launchers. These enable the Heavy LRM Carrier to stand off and blitz opponents with round after round of missiles. These are compatible with special munitions, allowing the vehicle to be effective in a variety of situations with proper preparation. The design excels when using its weapons indirectly as it can fire its massive armament without risk of taking enemy fire. The inclusion of all four launchers in a turret enable the Carrier's crew to fire at all enemies within range, no matter where they are on the battlefield.
- Heavy MML Carrier
- This is a Jihad era variant, which its weapons have been completely revised. The LRM launchers have been replaced by six 9-Tubed Multi-Missile Launchers with 4 tons of ammunition for both missile types. To protect the vehicle from Battle Armor and Infantry attack, the vehicle has been fitted with four B-Pods. BV (2.0) = 722
- Heavy LRM Carrier (EN Variant)
- Johnston Industries introduced this variant to get much needed cash. Equipped with ten tons of Hardened Armor for defense, the traditional LRM systems were replaced by a pair of Enhanced LRM-15 and a pair of Extended LRM-15 launchers. Each launcher system can fire twelve times before needing to reload. BV (2.0) = 1,058
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 26-27, "Heavy LRM Carrier Profile"
- MUL online date for the Heavy LRM Carrier
- Combat Operations, p. 137
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 39
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 43
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 44
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 59
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks, p. 11