Heavy Machine Gun (Battle Armor)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Heavy Machine Gun|
|Year Availability||3059 CSJ / 3068 TC|
|Mass Per Reload||.1kg (50)|
|Ammo BV (2.0)||1|
The Heavy Machine Gun was originally created by Clan Smoke Jaguar by improving on the rate of fire of traditional Machine Guns at the expense of range and accuracy. Fielded only by the Clans at first, the Inner Sphere eventually created their own version of Heavy Machine Guns for use by battle armor by deriving the design from semi-portable autocannons used by infantry forces.
- TechManual, pp. 317-318, Clan/Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table
- TechManual, p. 228, "Machine Gun"
- TechManual, p. 258, "Machine Gun"