Heavy Mass Driver
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Heavy Mass Driver|
|Type||Capital Ballistic (Direct Fire)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Damage|| 140 (Capital) |
|Ammo Per Ton||1/90 (1 shot weighs 90 tons)|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||600,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 16,464|
The Heavy Mass Driver is the heaviest Mass Driver, and was developed by the Word of Blake. It fires a slug the size of a 90 ton Assault 'Mech at its target. Due to the sheer size of the weapon, it can only be mounted in a WarShip or Space Station that masses at least 2,000,000 tons. This means only Battleships and Space Stations could mount the Heavy Mass Driver. In addition, only one Mass Driver could be mounted on a WarShip.
- TechManual, p. 409, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 410, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 384, "Inner Sphere Cabital Scale Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 323, "Mass Driver"