Okay - Doneve, can you post an example of the format you prefer, with all the details? ClanWolverine101
- Hy ClanWolverine101, i have at the moment not the time to figuring out, i think my examples on the Bio pages (Bibliography; Referencs), is a good compromiss, fell free to put your ideas, to Revanche, Me, or every other editiors, you make a good job.GreetingsDoneve 12:34, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
This was my preferred format :
An intro paragraph, followed by sections on the persons life using the ===, followed by notes using the ==.
Does this make sense? --ClanWolverine101
It can be hard to indicate what you want, since we're talking about section code. But, one thing I'd say in regards to a bio article there is an absolute to understand and use the section levels in the established way. Everthing starts off at the ==Second Level== and then follows underneath, to lower levels (ex: ===Level 3===, ====Level 4====, etc.) Therefore, since most of the information about a character will be his history, eras within his history need to be section 3. For example:
- Early Life
- Military Career
- Other Section etc.
- Family Ties
- Any Other Level 2 Section, etc.
- I like that well enough, though I'm not sure "Description" has been commonly used in the past. I think for me one of my issues was the larger Font Doneve was using for the History subsections. I found it hard to look at. But that's just my opinion. ClanWolverine101
- Can you send me a link to one of those articles that you disagree with? As for "Descriptions", if a section is not used, it doesn't need to be added in. Its important, howeber, to have it represented on the master 'template' so that there is an understanding as to correct (and consistent) placement. That's what you and I are working on here, for the current one is outdated and doesn't fit the style(s) developed since bios took off. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 20:53, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
Hy i know i have not to figure out the policy, but i jump at the moment in, we must clear out, every caracter has special contributions, now is the questen sub-category or....???Doneve 21:22, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
- Doneve, can you say that a different way. Or have Frabby translate for us. I don't understand. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 23:17, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
I'd like to clarify - my primary issue with the changes Doneve was making was primarily that he was making every section header super-sized, regardless of whether it was a sub-topic of a character's history, or the game notes, or the reference section, or the bibliography section. Most of the major bios used different fonts depending on the nature of the section. When I first saw this, I didn't like it. I still don't like it, but its not worth my time to argue about. Its subjective, and if it doesn't bother other people, I can live with it. That's all. No biggie. ClanWolverine101 22:41, 20 March 2010 (UTC)
- No problem, a disscussion or critic is every wellcome by my side, my english ist scheisse, so we call in german, but i learn so many from the guys on the side...I learn I learn...:)Doneve 23:24, 20 March 2010 (UTC)
- I hear you. Doneve's errors can be corrected and he can be linked to those corrections, to show how to do it correctly. I, however, want to fix the problem that is the outdated bio template. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 01:54, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for helping out.Doneve 01:58, 21 March 2010 (UTC)