- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- Read more →
|Class||Vincent (Mark 42)|
The Vincent-class corvette Hertzog's Staff was a Star League Defense Force WarShip that survived the Hegemony Campaign to liberate Terra from the forces of Stefan Amaris, and subsequently followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus.
The Hertzog's Staff would remain in service with the Cloud Cobras as the CCS Hertzog's Staff; by 3061, the Hertzog's Staff was one of four WarShips assigned to Delta Galaxy, serving alongside its sister ship, the CCS Trump, the Fredasa-class corvette CCS Perdition's Flame and the McKenna-class battleship CCS Second Coming. The Hertzog's Staff was still listed as being in service with the Cloud Cobras as at 3067.
In April 3073 the Hertzog's Staff was stationed in the Albion system along with the CSS Nebulous, a York-class destroyer, when Clan Blood Spirit forces in the form of Omega and Omicron Galaxies along with the recently repaired Aegis-class CBS Exsanguine arrived with the intent of attacking the Clan Star Adder presence on the planet. Rather than battle the two Cloud Cobra WarShips, the Blood Spirits bargained down the Trial to a duel between Stars of AeroSpace Fighters from the Cloud Cobra Beta Reserve and the best of Omega Galaxy's fighters. THhe Blood Spirits were ultimately victorious and went on to attack the Star Adders at Indicass Alpha and Beta.
Hertzog's Staff and Nebulous had been deployed to Albion by the Cloud Cobras along with a small merchant convoy to scout the system and assist with the rebuilding of New Bergen; after the arrival of the Blood Spirits, when the discovery of Dark Caste activity at Athens was discovered, Star Admiral Robert Spaatz had both Cloud Cobra WarShips bombard the site from orbit.
Hertzog's Staff was thrown into battle again in October 3075. With Clan Steel Viper subject to a Trial of Annihilation, the Cloud Cobras bid very aggressively for the right to launch the first attack against the Steel Viper forces on Circe. Two naval Stars were used to assault the planetary SDS, and from those two Stars, four Cloud Cobra WarShips were lost - Consequence, Hertzog's Staff, Perdition's Flame, and True Sight.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 28, "Naval Forces"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 55, "Naval Assets"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 122, "The Defamation of Albion"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 123, "Albion Crumbles"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 150, "Focused Aggression"