- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "The Crescent Hawks' Inception"
- Read more →
|Colors/Badge||Brown and Red; a red bull's head with silver horns|
|Faction Affiliation||Free Worlds League|
|BattleMechs|| 8 (3055)|
The unit has risen since its founding in 3055 to prominence. Per internal policy Cino Vincenti styled his MechWarriors after the ancient Terran "cowboys", and the ten-gallons hats the stable members don for press conferences have made them a distinct and instantly recognizable group.
Formed in 3055 the stables has grown through a series of wins in the reaches. Just after 6 months, the stable saw its ranking upgraded from D to C. Vincenti scored a publicity coup soon after when himself and several MechWarriors got into a barroom brawl with Dick Benson and a handful of the Vampires sparking a feud between the two stables. A match was scheduled with the Vampires and their home Arena in which the Hombres defeated their rival stable. A rematch was asked but no answer was given. In the meantime, and riding on their new found fame, a tag-team match in The Scrapyard against Wraiths Stables has already been scheduled.
The Hombres Stables suffered heavy losses during the Word of Blake occupation of Solaris in the early stages of the Jihad, after members of the Renegades joined a major resistance cell made of the Pentastars Gang and Renegades Cooperative out in Nowhere, the Blakists ultimately eliminating the cell.
Stable Master and Owners
- Cino Vincenti, born on Sierra is the founding owner of the stable. He was a fight promoter and a master showman, and with good publicity has made the Hombres a fan favorite.
- Constance Raba is the lead instructor of the Hombres Stable. A Free Worlds League officer, a company commander with the Andurien-based First Free Worlds Legionnaires. She served with distinction, notably in border-world campaigns against mercenaries from the Magistracy of Canopus. Despite her impressive talents as commander she was demoted in rank twice for insubordination and rotated to non-combat duty. Frustrated with the military mentality, Raba left the Legionnaires and took up with the Hombres.
All Hombres Stables MechWarriors are dressed as Cino Vincenti view of ancient Terran cowboys. Spectators can see them wearing in all press conferences a tengallon hat.
The Stable as of 3067 has access to D Rated Equipment.
For all physical and weapons attacks carried out a 3 hexes' distance or less, the Hombres gain a -1 to-hit bonus, reflecting their affinity for close-range fighting.
- Solaris The Reaches, p. 12 - "Hombres Stable"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 25 "Operation: Showtime - Occupied Solaris"
- Solaris VII: Mappack, p. 26 - "Hombres Stable"
- Technical Readout 3055 Upgrade, p.138 "SVR-5X Silver Fox"
- "Wolf Hunters
- Mappack: Solaris VII, p. 43 Rules/Stable-Specific Rules - Hombres Stables special abilities