Homer (Clan System)
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|X:Y Coordinates||-78.675 : 1799.056[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Strana Mechty at (0, 0)
World Map of Homer
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Amphibians|
- 1 Planetary Description and Notable Landmarks
- 2 Planetary History
- 3 Manufacturing Centers
- 4 Garrisoning Military Force
- 5 Owner History
- 6 Nearby Planets
- 7 Notes
- 8 References
- 9 Bibliography
Planetary Description and Notable Landmarks
Homer is a Clan world found in the Kerensky Cluster. The planet is noted for its rich mineral deposits and slight heavy gravity.
The planet Homer has low-water table, but largest bodies of water have toxic taints. The planet is dominated by large landmasses, named Caulder and Fortune. These super-landmasses are further broken down by five pseudo-continents, mountain ranges, and four landlocked seas. The world has few rivers which draw water from both seas and underground lakes.
Massive water processing plants dominate the landscape, to support cities and their agricultural settlements on the planet.
- Ochre Sea - Homer's largest landlocked body of water, like other seas, the water is tainted with heavy-metals rending them unusable by humans. The Ochre Sea separates superland masses of Cauldron and Fortuna. The Ochre, like other seas have non-edible life known as gila toad. Chief predator on the planet, these toads are used for footwear, which they are highly prized for. City of El Ghaza is off its north coastline.
- Sakros Mountains - This is the mountain range that breaks up the pseudo-continents of Amis and Ortin.
- Isthmus of Param (Mountain Range) - Mountain chain in Cauldron landmass which connects to the pseudo-continents of Bargin and Amis.
- Cauldron (landmass) - One of largest forms of geography on the planet, this region has been reserved for settlements for other Clans. Firebase Hermes, former Jaguar military installation is noted base in this region.
- El Ghaza (City) - Planetary capital city of Homer and Clan Cloud Cobra. The city located off the northern shores of Ochre Sea. It is the home of the Cobra's genetic repository and its majestic park known as Field of Remembrance.
Settlement and the World's original name
The world was originally settled in 2839, by settlers from Clan Cloud Cobra. These early first settlers had named this world Zara. In 2850, Clan Jade Falcon forces fought a Trial of Possession for the world, during this Trial Cloud Cobra Khan, Homer Telinov was killed. His death spurred the remaining Cobra forces to defeat the Falcons for control of the planet and named it after the fallen Khan.
Other Clans and Conflicts in the 31st Century
The Clan Smoke Jaguar was one of the early Clans that were allowed to settle the planet. Like all non-Cobra colonies, they were allowed to settle with Clan Steel Vipers to the Caldron region. During the Hellion's Fury campaign of 3050 Hoard was targeted by Clan Ice Hellion. They landed a Cluster and challenged the Cloud Cobras for six months of production of El Ghaza's primary OmniFighter factory. The Cobras were defeated and the Hellions won the Trial.
This remained the norm until the Jaguars were annihilated by the Inner Sphere's Great Refusal on Strana Mechty. The destruction of Clan Smoke Jaguar in 3060 caused Steel Vipers to attempt to seize Jaguar's enclave and their military outpost Firebase Hermes. However Cobras Khan Din Steiner dispatched forces and repulsed the Vipers from attempting taking the former Jaguar territory, and offered it to the Snow Ravens.
In late 3061, Steel Vipers tourman had returned from Inner Sphere after loosing their Occupation Zone in war with the Jade Falcons. Viper brought vengeance down on Homer and soundly removed the Snow Ravens from former Jaguar holdings. The Viper than threaten to retake rest of the planet for themselves. This caused Khan Steiner to bring consider mount of defense to capital, which intimidated Vipers from making any further incursions into Homer's interior.
Garrisoning Military Force
- Cobra Temple Keshik (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- Beta Naval Reserve (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 33rd Battle Cluster (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 149th Cobra Guards (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 214th Cobra Fang (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 243rd Cobra Guards (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 59th Cobra Guards (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 254th Cobra Guards (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 1st Raven Phalanx (Clan Snow Raven)
- 6th Raven Battle (Clan Snow Raven)
- 5th Raven Wing (Clan Snow Raven)
- 14th Viper Regulars (Clan Steel Viper)
- 2571 - Unknown Planet 
- 2750 - Unknown Planet 
- 2821 - Unknown Planet 
- 2840 - Clan Cloud Cobra 
- 3025 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3030 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3040 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3052 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3057 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3062 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3067 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Star Adder 
| Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). |
Closest planets first:
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 107 - Homer - World History.
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 5
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 36
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 161- "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 165 - "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 166 - "Warden Clans Deployment Table"