- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Kintetsu Stellar Systems|
|Use|| Tug Boat |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armament|| 1x Large Laser |
3x Small Lasers
|Armor|| Nose: 122 |
|Crew|| Total: 6
|Passengers||9 (In Steerage)|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||1/0|
| Small Craft/
|Targeting Tracking System||Unspecified|
The Hoshiryokou is a small civilian DropShip, which was first produced in the early years of the Draconis Combine. Originally, the ship was designed as an inter-system cargo and passenger vessel; however, the Hoshiryokou aged badly. The design was redesigned by the near-bankrupt Kintetsu Stellar Systems to assume the role of a Space Tug. The ship succeeded, becoming a popular utility vessel in and around space complexes and merchant fleets in the Draconis Combine.
Weapons and Equipment
Originally designed as a cargo vessel, it had one of its cargo bays outfitted to mount ten interchanging cargo containers, which can be swapped out for other cargo or utilitarian passenger carriages. The ship's fusion engines can push the vessel up to maximum thrust of 8 should its mission require it to move quickly. For its primary mission as a space tug boat, the ship has a Naval Tug Adapter which allows it to dock with any vessel and move it safely.
The ships is protected by 18 tons of standard armor, giving it protection should the ship come under attack by pirates. The ship is only armed with a single large laser in the nose, with three small lasers acting as point defenses in the nose and aft quarters of the ship.
- Bay 1 - Cargo Containers, 10-ton capacity (10) - 1 Door
- Bay 2 - Cargo (85 tons) - 1 Door
As of this writing, the Hosiryokou has no entry in the Master Unit List.
- Handbook: House Kurita, PDF pp.191-192, 203 - Hoshiryokou - Battle Value 2 noted.
- Handbook: House Kurita, PDF pp.191-192, 203 - Hoshiryokou - Ship's background information.
- Handbook: House Kurita, PDF pp.191-192, 203 - Hoshiryokou - Ship's abilities and equipment.