- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Bermuda Combat Systems|
|Use|| Search and Rescue |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Experimental)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||VTOL (Medium)|
|Power Plant||Fuel Cell (Electric)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||2,456 km|
The Humming Bird is a Search and Rescue VTOL which was constructed using a mix of Primitive and Cutting Edge technologies. Produced by Bermuda Combat Systems of Booker in 3074, the vehicle's manufacturer wanting to created a low cost but highly effective recon VTOL. Conceived for police and security services, its design was left open to allow it be modified for Militia service. Bermuda had used the low-technology construction to compensate for the vehicle's costly sensors.
Equipment and Capabilities
Most of the Humming Bird's components consist of primitive level technology, including its engine and structure. In addition, the vehicle uses a single ton of BAR 5 Grade of Primitive Armor to protect the hull from harm. The Humming Bird must rely on its speed should it get into a difficult or dangerous situation.
The heart of the Humming Bird is its Bloodhound Active Probe, which helps users find missing persons as well as locate possible threats.
The Humming Bird features Tech Level D Chassis, Engine/Controls, and Armor.
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, pp. 8, 22 - BV for Humming Bird.
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, p. 8 - Humming Bird's background.
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, pp. 8, 22 - Humming Bird's Equipment and Design Stats.