- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Class||Vincent Mk. 42|
As at 3061 the Vincent-class corvette Huninn was a WarShip within the Clan Snow Raven touman and was serving as the CSR Huninn, one of ten WarShips that made up the Lum Garrison Fleet. Paired with the Essex-class destroyer CSR Eternity the Huninn was serving as a guard vessel for the orbital factories located at various LaGrange points above Lum.
The Huninn continued to serve in the Lum Garrison Fleet until at least 3067, operating alongside three destroyers - the Lola III-class CSR Bloody Talon, the York-class CSR Corvidae and the Whirlwind-class CSR Drake - as well as the Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser CSR Avalanche, the Aegis-class heavy cruisers CSR Morning Violence and CSR Scabbard and the Potemkin-class cruisers CSR Bonaventure and CSR Eden Rose.
One of the Snow Raven ships known to have been lost during the Jihad, the Huninn was one of the ships of the Ice Storm Naval Star committed to support forces from the Ghost Bear Dominion; the Ice Storm Naval Star lost four WarShips during the course of the conflict, the Aegis-class heavy cruisers CSR Blue Quest and Scabbard, the Corvidae and the Huninn.
The Scabbard was lost at Dyev, and the Blue Quest was destroyed along with the Corvidae during the battle to secure the Titan Yards in 3078. The Huninn was lost during the battle for New Earth; targeted for liberation by the allied coalition as a part of Operation SCOUR, a contingent of roughly four Galaxies of mixed Clan forces drawn from the Lyran Alliance front of the Operation struck at New Earth on the 8th of February 3078, meeting heavy resistance.
The initial attack was rebuffed, with the Clan forces having retreated by mid-February; while the media reported that the SDS in the New Earth system had been destroyed or at least heavily damaged, it also reported that up to four Clan WarShips had been destroyed, and that the Clan forces had been forced to retreat due to the presence of not just the anticipated Protectorate Militia Divisions and Militia Division, but also at least one Shadow Division. There were also unsubstantiated rumours that the forces from the Ghost Bears, Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Wolf had arrived at different times, with the Ghost Bears arriving early, and then failed to work together. One of the destroyed WarShips was subsequently identified as the Aegis-class heavy cruiser CJF Frost Falcon; another was the Volga-class transport CGB Ursine Boatman, and the third was the Huninn.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 131, "Lum Garrison Fleet"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 64-65, "Naval Assets"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 18, "Fleet Assets"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 87-88, "Dyev Hit By Blakist Counterattack!"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 98, "Terror At Titan"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 66, "Failed Gambit?"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 15, "Fleet Assets"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 11, "Fleet Assets"