|Colors/Badge||Green and Red |
A green banner with a diagonal crimson slash
The Huntsmen are a Solaris VII based dueling BattleMech stable. The outfit is known for its brutal approach in fighting and dueling skills.
The Huntsmen's inhabits an old manor house in Joppa, housing their 'Mechs in a recently rebuild barn on the manor grounds, which they only leave for practice sessions in Roland Fields or for matches.
Formed in 3052, The Huntsmen appeared in the Reaches on the outskirts of Solaris City. The village had been known to be a haven of Clan expatriates. The Origin of its original members is unknown, however it strongly believed that they are renegade Clansman. In its early years, media & other parties have tried to inquire the stable people's origin. However, these individuals had either disappeared or were found face down in Solaris River.
The stable prove to be earned respect fans & critics alike. It had be considered to being equal in their fighting skills to the major stables.
When originally formed, the stable was well known for its carrying out matches to the death, however later years this had been curtailed by new rules.
By 3067, the Huntsmen had developed rivalry with members of the Zellbrigen Stables. Members of the stable in the green hunting jerkins been seen fighting with warriors of Zellbrigen in seedy bars. Underground fans had been clamoring that Huntsmen schedule for official match.
Stable Master and Owners
- Matthew Alder is the Stable Master and only member of the Stable whom origin is actually known. Alder had been working for various stables as aide since before the Clan Invasion. He had been employed with both Lynch Stables and Lion City Stables.
- Sabon Yeager is a young woman working as both the drillmaster/instructor with a mysterious past. She has never discussed her background or the origin of the horrible burn scars on her right arm.
- Dirk Reaver - Master of Assassins, Reaver is a renegade Clan Elemental warrior of unclear origins. He acts as the stable's security chief and has been known to save Alder's life on a number of occasions, as he shadowed him.
Tactics and Style
The Huntsmen are known for their preference for single combat or dueling. They known to avoid using physical attacks when engaged in combat with their 'Mechs. Among their many attributes, they are best known for the headhunting, in killing downed opponents. However, by late 3060s, this practice been curtailed due to restrictions.
The unit had in 3055 10 BattleMechs and 12 MechWarriors on its payrolls with contract of 25 percent and 1,000 c-bills, By 3067, its contracts were 30 percent, and still payed 1,000 c-bills per month.
When using Stable specific rules in a match, when the Huntsmen warrior is not a one-on-one fighting they suffer from a -2 to their initiative. They also receive a +1 to their pilot rolls when they attempt to do any physical attacks against an opponent. Huntsmen will never surrender under any circumstances. The unit is elite skilled and has B rated equipment.
- Solaris The Reaches p. 12 - Huntsman Stable
- Mappack: Solaris VII p. 26 - Huntsmen Stables - Unit history and recent rivalry with another stable full of Clan warriors.