|Colors/Badge||Green / Red |
A green banner with a diagonal crimson slash
The Huntsmen are a Solaris VII based dueling BattleMech stable. The unit is known for its brutal approach in fighting & dueling skills.
Formed in 3052, The Huntsmen appeared in the Reaches on the outskirts of Solaris City. The Stable based itself in Joppa, in an old manor house. The village had been known to be a haven of Clan expatriates. The Origin of its original members is unknown, however it strongly believed that they are renegade Clansman. In its early years, media & other parties have tried to inquire the stable people's origin. However, these individuals had either disappeared or were found face down in Solaris River.
The stable prove to be earned respect fans & critics alike. It had be considered to being equal in their fighting skills to the major stables.
When originally formed, the stable was well known for its carrying out matches to the death, however later years this had been curtailed by new rules.
By 3067, the Huntsmen had developed rivalry with members of the Zellbrigen Stables. Members of the stable in the green hunting jerkins been seen fighting with warriors of Zellbrigen in seedy bars. Underground fans had been clamoring that Huntsmen schedule for official match.
Stable Master and Owners
- Matthew Alder - Stable Master & only member of the Stable whom origin is actually known. Alder had been working for various stables as aide since before the Clan Invasion. He had been employed with both Lynch Stables & Lion City Stables.
- Dirk Reaver - Master of Assassins, Reaver is a renegade Clan Elemental warrior of unclear origins. He acts as the stable's security chief and has been known to save Alder's life on a number of occasions, as he shadowed him.
Tactics and Style
The Huntsmen are known for their preference for single combat or dueling. They known to avoid using physical attacks when engaged in combat with their 'Mechs. Among their many attributes, they are best known for the headhunting, in killing downed opponents. However, by late 3060s, this practice been curtailed due to restrictions.
The unit originally had in 3055, 10 BattleMechs and 12 MechWarriors on its payrolls with contract of 25 percent and 1,000 c-bills for wages. In 3067, it contracts were 30 percent, and still payed 1,000 c-bills per month.
The Huntsmen's manor had old barn which had been converted for use as Repair depot for their 'Mechs. The stable uses Roland Fields as its principle training field.
When using Stable specific rules in a match, when the Huntsmen warrior is not a one-on-one fighting they suffer from a -2 to their initiative. They also receive a +1 to their pilot rolls when they attempt to do any physical attacks against an opponent. Huntsmen will never surrender under any circumstances. The unit is elite skilled and has B rated equipment.
- Solaris The Reaches p. 12 - Huntsmen Stable - Stable history and fate of individuals looking to find out their origins.
- Mappack: Solaris VII p. 26 - Huntsmen Stables - Unit history and recent rivalry with another stable full of Clan warriors.
- Solaris The Reaches p. 12 - Notable figures of The Huntsmen.
- Solaris The Reaches p. 12 - Huntsman Stable - Contract percentages & wages in 3055.
- Mappack: Solaris VII p. 44, "Stable-Specific Rules" - Huntsmen Stables rules.