- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Hellespont 'Mech Works|
|Use|| Fire Support |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Wheeled (Medium)|
|Power Plant||Fuel Cell (Electric)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||1,111 km|
|Armament|| 3 x MRM-20 |
Advanced Fire Control
|Crew|| 14 |
During the Jihad, the Capellan Confederation's forces were savaged by the onslaught of the war. After receiving the call from CCAF High Command to submit designs to help aid in the rebuilding of the armed forces, Hellespont 'Mech Works of Betelgeuse responded with the HW1 Hwacha.
The Hwacha is based on the Light SRM Carrier. The company used a blending of primitive technologies and modern weaponry as an attempt to market it as an updated version of the smaller machine at a low cost. The design was intended to assault smaller combat vehicles and unarmored infantry troops.
The vehicle was not attractive to many House Liao commanders, which forced the company to attempt to sell the vehicle outside the state. The vehicle would later be seen in the ranks of periphery units and breakaway Free Worlds League states.
Armament and Capacities
The Hwacha's sole weaponry lies in its three 20-tubed Medium Ranged Missile Launchers located in the turret. With nine gunners, the vehicle's turreted weapons are supplied with six tons of ammunition. The weapons are guided by a modern military Advanced Fire Control system.
The Hwacha features Tech Level C Chassis, Engine/Controls and Armor.
Errata Note: At the time of this writing, ratings of the Hwacha were noted to have conflictions with the original entry found in XTRO: Retrotech. No canon fixes have been published as of this time.
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, p. 9, 23 - Hwacha's BV2.
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, p. 9, 23 - Background information.
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, p. 9, 23 - Hwacha's Weaponry and equipment.
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, p. 9, 23 - Hwacha's Vehicle notes and origin.
- Errata Reports for Hwacha.