- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
A Hyperspectral Camera is a piece of satellite imaging equipment. The camera is an improvement on the High-Resolution Imager by adding electromagnetic and thermal sensors, allowing it to locate camouflaged or weather-obscured targets.
The Hyperspectral Imager provides its bonuses only if the local weather over the target battlefield is clear, foggy, overcast or vacuum. This imager then provides a +1 initiative modifier for the friendly receiving unit’s force as long as the connection is maintained. Furthermore, if the Hyperspectral Imager is accessed during the Weapon Attack Phase of the first turn of game play (or prior to the start of play), it also forces the controlling player of any hostile units to roll 2D6 for each hidden unit on the battlefield, revealing the unit on any result of 7+ unless the unit is using a Null Signature, Void Signature, or Stealth Armor System. This imager also will not detect units located under more than 1 depth of water, within a building, within ultra-heavy woods or heavy/ultra-heavy jungle, within a smoke-filled hex or underground.
- Tactical Operations, p. 339, "Hyperspectral Imageer"