- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Type||Ballistic (Direct, Longer Fire)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (IS) Experimental|
|Year Availability||3059 (CC)|
|Ammo Per Ton||30|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||3,000|
|BV (2.0)||53 (AC), 7 (ammo)|
Hypervelocity Autocannon is based on the Autocannon. While it has the same damage class, it is capable of firing much further. However, in order to obtain the increased ballistic range, the hypervelocity ammo is larger, reducing the number of shots per ton of ammo. Like Ultra or Rotary autocannons, Hypervelocity autocannons are unable to make use of special munitions.
The Hyper-Velocity Autocannon/2 is manufactured on the following planets:
- Tactical Operations, p. 285, "Hyper-Velocity Autocannon (HVAC)"
- Tactical Operations, p. 404, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 405, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 382, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Tactical Handbook, pp. 53-54, "Hyper-Velocity Autocannon"