Ibuki Robotics & Manufacturing
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|Ibuki Robotics & Manufacturing|
Founded in the thirtieth century, for most of its existence the Togura based Ibuki was a humble manufacturer of industrial robots and WorkMechs, even escaping notice during the Word of Blake Jihad which claimed the Stellar Trek WarShip Yards located in orbit.
As the conflict against the Blakists wound down and the pro-Word Vicore Industries collapsed, Ibuki took the massive risk and leveraged almost all its assets to secure Vicore's hotly contested rights for the highly popular Marauder, entering the field of BattleMech manufacture. Using the Vicore developed MAD-9W as a basis, within a year the company had developed the well-received MAD-9W2.
Recognising upfront the intense level of interest in the design and that they would not be keep up with demand, Ibuki resolved to sub-license it to any interested parties, however the highly restrictive nature of the contracts the company offered scared off all but the Lyran based Bowie Industries of Carlisle. The popularity of the MAD-9W2 across the Inner Sphere among Great House, Republic of the Sphere and mercenary buyers made the rights highly profitable for both Ibuki and Bowie. Ibuki's reputation did suffer among secondary and tertiary buyers around 3085 however when it was discovered that the company had been selling Quality Control failed parts to these markets.
Ibuki Robotics & Manufacturing has a manufacturing center on the following planet:
|Components produced on Togura:|
|MAD-9W2 Marauder||Heavy BattleMech|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Vlar 225 LFE||Marauder|
|Improved Jump Jets|
|Mendham DB w/Guardian ECM & C3 Slave||Marauder|
|Medium Pulse Laser|
|ER Large Laser|
|Victory Nickel Alloy||Marauder|
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 30, "Togura - Ibuki Robotics & Manufacturing"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 260, "Produced Marauder Components"