|Chassis||Corean Model 1AA|
|Communications System||Basix 100|
|Targeting Tracking System||Corean Calcmaster|
|Jump Jets||Icarus 81|
The Icarus II was the first homegrown BattleMech design to be mass-produced by the Free Worlds League. The Icarus II was actually the third League 'Mech, after the prototype Icarus and the Hector. Once Corean Enterprises was comfortable with the technology, they went back to the Icarus and upgraded it with jump jets. They felt that it was a substantial enough change that it required adding "II" to the moniker. The last factory producing the Icarus II was destroyed during the First Succession War. Despite that, a handful survived the Succession Wars.
The Icarus II was originally designed as a speedy striker to compliment the Mackie and combat vehicles with a similar speed profile. Though 64 km/h may not sound fast, in the 25th century it was, especially with jump jets that allowed it to leap up to 120 meters. Seven and a half tons of armor was deemed adequate for the job.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary armament of the Icarus II is an Imperator-B Autocannon/10. Though heavy for a medium 'Mech, the autocannon has a good range profile and deals significant damage. It is backed up by a pair of Diverse Optics Type 2 Medium Lasers and a single Diverse Optics Type 10 Small Laser.
- The original prototype Icarus was developed in 2470 and used primitive equipment and lacked jump jets. It had a Large Laser to complement the Small Laser. Two SRM-2s and twin Machine Guns could prove devastating to conventional troops. Only six of these were ever produced and they are all long gone. The primitive engine drove it to a maximum of 64 km/h. Ten and a half tons of Primitive Armor provided protection. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 700
- The 2S is an upgraded design produced in very limited quantities by Gilmour Militech. The small manufacturing concern resurrected the design in 3073. It is built on an Endo Steel chassis and uses and XL Engine to reach a top speed of 86 km/h, along with an extra jump jet to reach 150 meters. The autocannon is upgraded to an LB-X Autocannon/10 and the two Medium Lasers have been upgraded to a Medium Pulse Laser. An extra heat sink keeps heat in check and extra armor keeps the fragile engine safe. Gilmour Militech produces a mere three of these 'Mechs per year.  BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 986
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 260-261, "Icarus II Profile"
- Era Digest: Age of War, p. 11
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 248
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 168
- TechManual, p. 14
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2, p. 4
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 249
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 250
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 169