- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Illumination Shells are special munitions fired by Long Tom, Sniper and Thumper artillery. Illumination shells replace their normal payload with high-intensity flares, released over an area with miniature parachutes to slow their descent. Their primary use is for illumination and marking enemy units during nighttime and other low-light operations.
Utilize same rules as standard artillery munitions, however instead of dealing damage they negate any modifiers due to night or dawn/dusk conditions within the target area.
- Tactical Operations, p. 355, "Flechette Artillery"