Improved Ferro-Aluminum Armor
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Improved Ferro-Aluminum armor is an armor type used on WarShips, JumpShips, and DropShips . Due to the sheer size of DropShips, WarShips, and JumpShips, standard armor may require too much mass, restricting weapons or cargo carrying capability. The Improved Ferro-Aluminum armor adds more protection per ton, but is both more expensive and bulkier than standard Ferro-Aluminum armor. As such, it cannot be used on anything smaller than a DropShip, but its cost typically restricts its use to WarShips or JumpShips.
Improved Ferro-Aluminum armor served as the basis for Ferro-Carbide armor used on some WarShips.
- AeroTech 2, p. 46, "Aerospace Armor Table"