- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
Game Play Rules Levels published in Tactical Handbook, BattleTech Compendium, Maximum Tech, BattleTech Master Rules, Maximum Tech Revised, BattleTech Master Rules, Revised Edition, New Core Rules (Total Warfare, TechManual, Tactical Operations, Strategic Operations, Interstellar Operations).
This page is built to depict the state of BattleTech Levels of Play dealing with the current Core Rule Books.
Quick Start Rules
Total Warfare is the book that the Standard Rules are published in. The Standard Rules are the level of rules that are used in most Tournaments and Official Games. The Standard Rules are primarily the Tournament Legal Rules from the Rules Level 2 System.
Tech Manual While Construction and Custom 'Mechs are not part of the Standard Rules Set, This is the book that contains the construction rules that were used to build the Canon Tournament Legal Units.
Advanced Rules Equipment is in production "in universe" but have rules too complex for Tournament Play. This has a very rough correspondence to Rules Level 2 Equipment that was too complex for Tournaments.
Experimental Rules Equipment is being prototyped or has gone out of production. There is a very rough correspondence to Rules Level 3 Equipment. They are also considered rare and exotic technology which are considered to be not for use for Standard & Tournment game play.